Mifflinville is located in east-central Columbia County in the northern part of Mifflin Township. Mifflinville is on the south side of the Susquehanna River, a few miles southwest of Berwick.
Interstate 80 passes just southwest of Mifflinville, with easy access from Exit 242 (PA 339). Bloomsburg, the Columbia County seat, is 9 miles to the west.
Travel Time to Major Cities:
- Scranton, PA: 1.5 hr.
- Philadelphia, PA: 2.5 hr.
- New York, NY: 2.5 hr.
Mifflinville is located within the Central Columbia Area School District. Central Columbia Senior High School is ranked 51st within Pennsylvania. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. The AP participation rate at Central Columbia Senior High School is 53%. Students from throughout the region can attend Central Columbia’s award-winning, state-of-the-art Career Pathway high school free of charge to the parents. The approved programs are three or four-year programs in Agriculture Operations and Agriculture Mechanization, Medical Sciences and Three-year programs in Engineering and Accounting.
Bloomsburg University is located just a few miles down the road from Mifflinville. Bloomsburg University offers 57 undergraduate majors, 66 undergraduate minors and 21 graduate programs. The school has more than 250 student clubs and organizations.
Top Employers Near Mifflinville, PA
Top Attractions Nearby
Outdoor enthusiasts will be in their glory with four seasons of outdoor beauty and endless outdoor adventures near Mifflin Overlook Estates.
- The Susquehanna River runs just south of Mifflinville and offers various boating, kayaking/canoeing and fishing activities.
- PPL Susquehanna Riverlands located 12 miles east of Mifflinville, covers 2,100 acres and offers picnic facilities, a 23 acre lake for fishing and boating opportunities, trails up to 6-miles in length, including a wetlands area.
- Ricketts Glen State Park is 30 miles north of Mifflinville and is home to the Glens Natural Area, which boasts a series of 22 wild, free-flowing waterfalls, each cascading through rock-strewn clefts in this ancient hillside. A total of 26-miles of trail are available for hiking. Equestrians will enjoy riding on 12.5 miles of trail. There are 20 miles of snowmobile and cross-country skiing trails available. Ice climbing is permitted, when conditions allow. The park is famous for its exceptional diversity of bird life, from 23 varieties of warblers to bald eagles. About 10,144 acres are open to hunting, trapping and the training of dogs during established seasons. The 245-acre Lake Jean has warm water game fish, pan fish and trout.
- Mifflinville, PA is centrally located between 10 area ski resorts, with some being within an hour of Mifflin Overlook Estates.
In addition to outdoor adventures, Knoebels Amusement Resort, located 20 miles south of Mifflinville, is America’s largest free-admission amusement park and offers free parking, entertainment and picnic facilities. While at the park, enjoy over 60 rides, award winning food, swimming at their Crystal Pool, games, gift shops, and Knoebels Three Ponds Golf Club.